Intensive Outpatient Program for Eating Disorders
EDCMO’s Intensive Outpatient Program offers services for individuals needing more structured treatment than can be received in outpatient therapy alone but who do not necessarily need residential treatment. The program consists of group and individual therapy four nights a week and one afternoon per week. A supervised meal is included in programming 4 days a week. Friday’s meal is optional and client’s are encouraged to coordinate with their peers for meal support.
The Intensive Outpatient Program is run from our new office centrally located in Fenton, Missouri just off of Interstate 44. The program is held on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays for 4 hours each evening, and Wednesday afternoons for 3.5 hours.
(please see attached Schedule).
Unique Aspects of the Program:
- We are a small community which fosters greater participation, more individualized attention and a strong cohesive group.
- IOP clients benefit from two individual therapy sessions each week with their primary therapist, in addition to 15 hours per week of group therapy
- Group therapy covers many topics, such as: eating disorders, trauma resolution, assertiveness, relapse prevention, body image, boundary-setting, meal planning, weekend planning, expressive therapy, family dynamics, and cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Clients receive a bi-weekly session with their nutritionist who develops individualized meal plans for each client
- We have a high staff to patient ratio which provides for greater individualized care.