The Eating Disorder Center of Missouri specializes in the treatment of all types of eating disorders and other co-occurring disorders. We are committed to helping clients achieve a full and lasting recovery through our Intensive Outpatient and outpatient programs.
An eating disorder is a compulsion to eat, or avoid eating, that negatively affects both one’s physical and mental health. Eating disorders are all encompassing. They affect every part of the person’s life. According to the authors of Surviving an Eating Disorder, “feelings about work, school, relationships, day-to-day activities and one’s experience of emotional well being are determined by what has or has not been eaten or by a number on a scale.”
Are you or someone you love struggling with any of the following?
- Restrictive eating behaviors, binge eating, etc…
- Weight loss or gain with endocrine or metabolic abnormalities
- Fat phobia/food phobia
- Rituals around body checking, exercise and food
- Purging (undoing and punishing) by fasting, vomiting, diuretics and exercise
- Dissociation, lack of control, food cravings, rituals, or addictions
- Body dissatisfaction, body image distortion
- Binge eating, secretive eating, hoarding and stealing food